Moose

Moose

Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Where are peoples brains?!

So Sunday I got to assist our Loss Prevention guy with catching a shoplifter. So I go out to the mall to be with Ben and Terrance when they "catch" her (not like she ran or anything, she came willingly...and very calmly for someone who just got caught). So basically I'm a witness because the lady is being talked to by 2 guys and you know stuff can happen with guys =p. Anyways so they go through the ladies purse and find the dress that she had neatly folded and put in her purse. They fill out the paperwork, saying what she stole and all her info, and she asks: "Well can't I just pay for the dress now because I could loose my job over this?" Ben asks her where she works and she say she works for APD! She works for the Austin Police Department and she thinks it's ok to steal, where the hell are peoples brains these days?! So Ben says no she can't pay for the dress because she'd technically left the store with the stolen merchandise, and that they'd have to wait and see what the police say. So about 5 minutes later Kathleen, my boss, walks in and says that I need to get back out onto the sales floor and that she will stay with the lady and them until the police show up. I'm completely heart broken because I want to know the end of the story, but I go back out. So today I saw Ben and he said that all the police did was write the lady a ticket...for now, but she will probably be loosing her job.
I'm pretty sure that the lady thought I was completely stupid or immature...I mean I was wearing moose antlers and a tail, but hey it was Halloween, it's ok to look kinda stupid ;)
I mean what would you think of an employee if they were dressed like this =p

1 comment: