Moose

Moose

Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Freedom

The semester is officially over! So happy summer break is here! I can finally start reading the very long list of books that I've been wanting to read/finish reading, but couldn't because school feels the need to make me only have time for boring school books!
Here's what I have so far, if you have any suggestions please feel free to tell me:

The Hunger Game series
The Girl Who Kicked The Hornets Nest
Heat Wave and Naked Heat (yes the ones from the Castle series, what can I say I'm obsessed)
Reread the Harry Potter series (have about 200 pages left on Deathly Hallows)
Rocket Men
Too Far From Home
Water For Elephants

Every time I stop by half price books, which lately has been on a weekly basis, I find more books that I want to read. Darn them and their good prices!

I have a couple crochet projects that I want to work on too. I found a doily book that I want to try too, not to make doilies that are going to ruin my eyesight, but there's one pattern I really like that I think would be cool for the back of a shirt. They seem to be all the rage right now, and I figure instead of paying $15-$30 for one I can buy a cheap cotton tee at work and then cut out the back and sew in what I've crocheted...we'll see how that goes. Sounds simple, but what I've found with crochet lately even if it sound simple and straight forward, it's not. I have a baby blanket to finish for a girl at work that is about to have her baby any day now, and I'm being completely serious, she's due the 28th.

I'll be going to ACL with the lovely Miss Heather this year! Bought my first ticket today, I'm excited! I LOVE Austin and now I can say that I'll be participating in a major Austin tradition. Ha Ha

I've noticed lately that I've been getting more and more obsessed with Harry Potter the closer the last movie gets. I'm so excited, and yet sad...with the last movie getting here it means that there will be no more Harry Potter movies. =( But for this one I want to go all out, midnight 3d showing and everything! Anyone be willing to go with me? =D

No comments:

Post a Comment