Moose

Moose

Friday, June 11, 2010

YAY Hours!

So I got a call this afternoon from my manager at JCP, apparently one of the girls that works in the Juniors department called in and quit today, so I get all her shifts for next week, plus the 2 I already had, and I'm taking the opening shift tomorrow! So I'll be getting in about 26 hours next week ^_^

Went to lunch with Mrs. Dana this afternoon, it was Mighty Fine to catch up with her and she liked her purse YAY (yeah I know I'm corny...but he he he =p)

And now a rant, if you don't want to "hear it" don't read it =p. This is just something that's been on my mind for awhile and it's bugging me even though it shouldn't. So here goes...
*rant on*
I decided that I would make a blanket for my friend Katie, well she's paying me to make her a blanket. She's paying me $150, got the first installment the other day, because she wants a granny square and i have no problem making the squares, it's how I learned to crochet, it's the putting it together that I ABSOLUTELY hate to do. So I tell katie to pick out colors, she'd said she wanted maroon and silver/white bc she's up at A&M and all of the suddens she's completely obsessed with the school(and it's not the obsessed that I love my school go team, it's the annoying obsessed like putting down UT any chance she gets and trying to I guess talk/argue me into "realizing" that A&M is so much better than UT. And don't get me wrong I respect A&M it's a good school for certain things, just like UT is a good school for certain things). So she asks me what yarn I'll be using, and I tell her the Red Heart or I Love This Yarn(Hobby Lobby's Brand) and she decides that she's going to go and look at the colors online. 'I love this Yarn' doesn't show colors online so she goes to the Red Heart and looks at all the colors there...then she sends me a PowerPoint presentation of all the colors she wants...I'm like WTF, she went from 2 colors to like 12 and she's sending me all these stupid complicated patterns, even though I told her to pick out of 2. So she finally narrows it down to 6 colors and I think they go...if you're a 7 year old picking out blanket colors, and she sends me a text with a picture of them 1 skein each next to each other and tells me this is what she wants, but what do I think...I tell her that picturing the blanket in my head I don't see it looking very good, and for her to get the picture of what the blanket will look like (she wants 6 2'x2' squares, each square a different color) she needs to go back to walmart and take 3 skeins of each yarn color and block them together in the way she wants...she doesn't want to, she thinks it's going to be fine and that it's pretty going from dark to light/bright to dull-dark again...I just don't see it, but whatever she's paying me right...wrong, she keeps telling me that I need to love the colors too because if I don't LOVE the colors and LOVE the pattern then I won't crochet love into, whatever that kinda bullshit is, by this time it's annoyance going to be crocheted into it. So she see's the pattern that I'm crocheting my mom and asks about the squares to make it, because she doesn't understand crocheting...she has it in her head that anything crocheted is squares, I tell her that it's not squares it's 1 entire piece which is called a filet. She takes this as a 'I can look at other patterns for fillets, so she messages me all these doily patterns, which is usually what filets are used for, and asks me if i could do them but in yarn, or make small squares of them and make them into a blanket. I tell her no can do because you can't really modify a filet pattern to make it smaller and no I don't want to do a filet because then I'll actually have to pay attention and count what I'm doing, and if I'm going to make her a huge blanket I'm not sitting there and counting the entire thing...that's just not happening. So I show her a picture of my UT colors granny square, so she can see the pattern. *this is the part that i just can't seem to let go, I'm fine with the ugly colors and the making of the blanket with "love" and blah blah blah, but this...I don't know if this should offend me and my crocheting skills or if she's just completely stupid when it comes to the way crocheting works and crap* So Katie sees the pattern of my blanket and says she doesn't like it because of all the holes, and i tell her that I can do a filled in granny square and I show her a patter, she says she doesn't care, she just doesn't want a lot of holes in it because she doesn't want the blanket to fall apart when she uses it, and the more holes in the blanket the easier it is to fall apart! I'm seriously considering telling her to fuck the blanket and I ain't fucking doing it. A crocheted blanket should not fall apart with use, maybe in the washing machine or something, but not while using it, unless you take a friggin' pair of scissors or a knife to it. I've never had any of my crocheted creations fall apart or break from use, and believe me I use mine like anything else I have, the only time they get special treatment is when the go through the washing machine and dryer. I know I should just shake it off and put it toward Katie being a complete moron when it comes to crocheting, but it bothers me that she thinks my blanket making skill aren't good enough for the blanket not to fall apart the first time you really use it... Thoughts?
*end rant*
Now off to make a Veggie Burrito, if I make it right I'll be sure to post the recipe on my other blog!

XOXO
T

No comments:

Post a Comment