Moose

Moose

Friday, June 4, 2010

YAY work!

I officially have a summer job. I went in the other night to sign my paper work to work at JC Penney again. Kelley has me on call-ins so that if anyone needs me to fill in I can, she's trying to help me get more hours so that I don't have to get another job, which I really don't want to do but if I can't get enough hours I don't see how I'm going to be able to...live. I should be on the schedule by hopefully next week, which is good. I know this is going to sound bad, but there are some SERIOUSLY good perks to working in a mall with a movie theater! I can't wait until June 29th and 30th, the day before and day of the next Twilight movie comes out. Last summer when the 6th Harry Potter movie came out people started lining up for the midnight showing at like 5pm and most of the teenyboppers would come in one at a time in their Harry Potter costumes and stuff to go shopping and I guess pass the time, very entertaining! I can't wait to see what is in store for all me when the twilight fans start lining up and stuff to see the movie he he he!

I started crocheting a blanket for my mom. I figured she's made blankets for everyone, including me, and nobody has ever made her one. So I decided to make her one, which I'm hoping to have finished way before her birthday in October, but since it is Summer making a blanket is going to get hot. I found a baby blanket patter that I really liked for my mom, so I've modified the pattern to make it afghan size. Should come out nice, I'm getting ready to start my 3rd skein of yarn! I'll be sure to take pictures of my progress and post them here, can't post them on my facebook like I usually do because my mom is one of my friends on facebook and she's started regularly checking it *sigh* and I don't want to ruin the surprise. On a sorta crochet side note, I'd like to thank Mrs. Dana, while making her purse I sewed the lining a little too short to fit the actual purse right, so I figure it's hand sewn I can just take it out and redo it...no can do, apparently my hand sewing job is DAMN good because even after cutting a few stitches that sucker was NOT coming undone. So even though my mom said I could borrow her sewing machine (which is awesome) I know that if I hand sew anything it's not coming apart anytime soon!

Other news? My mom bought a new car this past Monday, Memorial Day. She traded in her Fit for the Honda Insight, which I have named Dimetri which in Russian means "Loves the Earth." I found it fitting because the Insight is a hybrid car, yeah I'm a dork I know :p They're taking it for it's first road trip this weekend. On Sunday there is some kind of green house thing up here in Austin. Sunday is also they're 29th wedding anniversary, I'm thinking while they are up here I'm going to try and take them out to dinner. I'm thinking Hula Hut, I've been craving one of their shrimp po' boys. I guess we'll have to see! ^_^

Until next time Kiddos
XOXO
T

No comments:

Post a Comment