Moose

Moose

Wednesday, May 19, 2010

I'm such a cool old lady =p

OK so I've been doing a whole lot of crocheting lately. Last Sunday there was a guy set fire the hotel that is literally like 4/5 buildings down from my apartment complex. So needless to say I was trapped in my apartment all day long. I was supposed to go out and have lunch with a friend that was in town, but since they closed down the access road (at least to 1 lane probably) people were thinking that they could cut in line or go around the fire by cutting through the apartment complex...didn't really work, the backgate we have is for emergency vehicles only so the only 3 exits are to the access road to 35, so there were 2 lines to get out. Then since traffic wasn't moving we actually had a ladder truck try and cut through the complex...which was funny because the lanes between parked cars are barley wide enough for 2 regular cars to go through, watching the ladder truck was interesting, but when I took Harley out to go potty I got to talking to them and they explained about the fire and then I told them about the back gate, and so they turned the truck around, a major feat if you ask me, but I guess they opened the back gate to let people get to Parker Lane that runs behind here.

So since I was stuck all day I decided to crochet some, so I looked up patterns online and found one for a purse that I tried and then one for a blanket I plan on making for my mom. I decided to make a couple purses for a couple of girls I know that are graduating and having a party Friday. So I made them each a purse and picked lining that has something they like on it, personalization and cuteness and all. It did make me want a sewing machine like crazy though. I know my hand sewing isn't completely horrible, but having a sewing machine to make a straight lines and made making the liner go so much faster. Last night when I was practicing/figuring out the lining with my tester purse I went online to see how much a sewing machine would be...I swear if it were possible for them to be around $20/$30 I would have gone out and bought one in a heart beat, but good thing for my credit card and bank account, they're about $60 and up. If I knew that I was going to be doing a lot more sewing and stuff in my future I would consider making the investment, but I'm not sure if I will, though I think the 2 purses that I'm giving to Marcy and Karen look totally awesome and I think I might be able to sell other ones. But I'm sure if I were to sell them I could do it without the lining...maybe sell them for $10-$20 depending on size and stuff. Anywho here are some pics of the purses:


The red one is for Marcy, she's obsessed with Disney so I found a cute fabric with mickey heads all over it and the green one is for Karen, the lining fabric has lizards all over it because she loves lizards, who'd've guessed. I officially love Hancock Fabric too, I found the lizard fabric there and it was so much cheaper than Hobby Lobby, even with their fabric on sale.


I hope the chicas like them! I'm always self conscious about whether people actually like the gifts I make for them. I know I'm probably just paranoid, but what if the person doesn't like the gift that I spent hours making? I put a lot of thought in to them and I don't want them to fake thank me and then in their minds be thing "omg, ew what am I supposed to do with this?! Just smile and say thank you and then when she's gone I'll throw it into my closet or donate it and never see it again!" I guess I'll have to wait until Friday to see/hear their thoughts...
What do you think of them? Would like receiving a gift like this?

Anyways nothing else really to report, still on the job hunt, got a call from some insurance company Monday about a job interview next week so hopefully that will go well...if I ever get the email from the lady, she said she'd e-mail me information about the company and how to get to the place and her phone number, but I haven't gotten it yet, which kind of freaks me out, I don't want to miss the interview because technology is being mean and not wanting to give me information. I guess I'll have to check my spam folder to see if its there...which kind of worries me... is this a good place to work for? LOL, I guess I'll just have to investigate ^_^

Oh yeah, pictures of my fish won't be coming, he's kicking the bucket as I type, I guessing by the morning I'm going to have one dead fish, so I'll be making a trip over to petsmart tomorrow to get my money back, I'm not going to trade it in, there's no point if the dumb fish won't last more than 10 days with me!

Ok, time to try and be productive
XOXO
T

1 comment:

  1. OK, I know I commented on this last night but blogspot seems to have eaten my comment.

    I LOVE the purses, I am obsessed. I want to have one. How many dollars would you require for one?

    ReplyDelete